CareLink™ Therapy Management Software
CareLink™ Personal is software designed for Patients and is run via a website. This secure, online therapy management software downloads data from your pump to turn into reports, giving you superior insight into patterns of your diabetes and therapy. As long as you have a CareLink USB with you, you can download your pump at home or anywhere that you have internet access. Just like a web email acvcount, you just register and login.
CareLink™ Pro is software designed for clinicians and hospitals and is downloaded onto a PC via a CDRom. The software downloads the same data from the pump to turn into reports that are slightly different and more clinically detailed compared to those in CareLink™ Personal. CareLink™ Pro is only available to healthcare professionals.
- To have greater control
easy to read reports can help you understand the effects of insulin, carbohydrates and exercise on your glucose levels.
- To easily identify patterns and problems
easy to read, simple graphs and charts display what you need to know
- Work remotely with your healthcare provider
you can save, print or email reports
- To get the most from one piece of software
CareLink™ can download a huge range of common BG meters. And if you are entering these into the pump (using the Bolus Wizard) then you can download your BG readings through the pump all in one.
- Get a fuller picture
if you are using the CGM function of your insulin pump then you can see a picture like no other - of your full glucose trends, insulin usage, BG readings and exercise etc all in one place - no need for log books anymore!
Understanding the effects of insulin doses, eating habits, exercise routines and medication on your own personal glucose levels is the key to improving your diabetes control. You can see cause-and-effect relationships easily in simple charts, graphs and tables to better identify patterns and problems. This can help you to figure out the root cause of low and high blood glucose levels at particular times.
- Access to a computer running Windows® 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista (32 or 64 bit), or Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit).
Unfortunately CareLink™ is not currently compatible with MAC computers
- A reliable Internet connection
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 5.5 (SP2) or higher
- Adobe® Reader™ version 5.0 or higher
- A CareLink™ USB connectivity device (provided with your Paradigm Veo insulin pump)
- A Blood Glucose Monitor (with an appropriate cable if you would like to download this into CareLink Personal seperately. You will need to ask your meter manufacturer for this cable)
How to Register
1. Register on the CareLink™ Personal website: http://carelink.medtronicdiabetes.com18.
2. Follow the steps on the website to download your pump
(Please remember not to connect your CareLink USB until the website tells you to!)
Step-by-step instructions are available in the Getting Started Guide19.
From then on, all you will need each time you use CareLink™ is internet access, your CareLink™ USB and your insulin pump. Its as easy as that!
Storing data in CareLink Personal software is often safer than storing it on a home computer system that is connected to the Internet. We use a three-tier architecture that puts the data behind three separate firewalls.