The New Generation of Enlite Sensor is Medtronic’s newest continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) sensor designed with the goal of better performance as well as exceptional comfort and ease of use.
- The MiniMed Veo™ system with Low Glucose Suspend when used with the Enlite sensor is the only system clinically proven to significantly reduce hypoglycaemia events. It significantly reduces the number of event as well as their duration and severity.1,2
- 98% of all hypoglycaemic events were detected with Enlite when used with the MiniMed Veo system3
- Now even smaller: 80% reduction in implanted size compared to previous Enlite sensor
- Improved sensor to transmitter connection
- Improved electrode, designed for consistent performance throughout the sensor life
- New tape, designed for superior comfort and minimised skin irritation
- 6 days of use
- Indicated for adults and children
- Hidden needle during insertion
- 90 degree insertion angle
- One button insertion process
85% of patients agreed that insertion with Enlite was pain free. 4
CGM reveals lows and highs that HbA1C and fingerstick testing alone cannot.
Several randomised controlled trials5,6,7 showed that CGM can lead to:
- Up to 1% HbA1C reduction without increasing the rate of severe hypoglycaemia
- Tighter glycemic control
- Greater number of patients reaching the HbA1C target recommended by the ADA
- 1. ASPIRE study, Bergenstal R. – New England Journal of Medicine June 2013
- 2. LGS Severe Hypo Study, Ly T. – Diabetes 2013:62
- 3. Enlite Sensor Performance addendum
- 4. Internal data on file; Medtronic Minimed, Inc.
- 5. Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Continuous Glucose Monitoring Study Group. Continuous glucose monitoring and intensive treatment of type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2008;359(14):1464-1476
- 6. Raccah D, Sulmont V, Resnik Y, et al. Incremental value of continuous glucose monitoring when starting pump therapy in patients with poorly controlled type 1 diabetes: the RealTrend Study. Diabetes Care. 2009;32(12):2245-2250.
- 7. Bergenstal RM, Tamborlane WV, Ahmann A, et al. The STAR 3 Study Group. Effectiveness of sensor-augmented insulin-pump therapy in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2010;363(4):311-320
Enlite® sensor is only labeled for use with Medtronic products: MiniMed Paradigm® Veo™ System, MiniMed Paradigm® REAL-Time System, Guardian® REAL-Time CGM System, iPro™2. Enlite® sensor is not labeled for use with Medtronic CGMS Gold® and iPro™