If you are using the Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) features of your pump, you can see your glucose levels 24 hours a day. The pump combines with the MiniLink™ Transmitter24 and Enlite glucose sensor25 to wirelessly transmit readings to your Paradigm® Veo™ and update your on-screen reading every five minutes. These regular updates can give you a clear understanding of how your glucose is behaving and reduce your dependence on fingersticks1. You only need to change your glucose sensor every 6 days.
The advantages of CGM over traditional fingersticks and HbA1c testing are well-documented. Research has shown that:
- 60% of glucose lows may not be revealed with fingersticks alone
- CGM identifies four times as many serious glucose excursions as Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose (SMBG)
- CGM can significantly reduce A1c levels when compared with fingersticks alone
- CGM is proven to be accurate in numerous published studies enabling you to make therapy adjustments based on reliable data
The anecdotal and real life stories from patients using CGM is overwhelming and includes
- Parents who can relax and no longer feel that they have to check on their child through the night
- Sports enthusiasts and students who can concentrate on competing or taking their exams without worrying
- People with busy work lives who can be as busy as they like and get on day-to-day less anxiously
There are people all over the country just like you who now have the insight that they have never had before. And we are pleased to say that access to CGM is improving every day. The NICE Guidance for pump therapy has now really established itself, and alongside this guidance NICE also has publications commenting on Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Adults & Children2626. Take a look at these so you can discuss this fully with your healthcare team.
We would like anyone that could benefit from CGM to have the chance to, and for those patients that experience challenges with regards to CGM funding then it may be that self-funding is an option. Your Paradigm Veo pump is 'CGM-Ready' so you may decide to fund CGM straight away when you first receive your pump, or can start any time at a later date. We have all sorts of options available.
If you are an existing MiniMed® Veo customer (and not currently using CGM) and you order a box of 5 Enlite sensors (£275) you will receive a MiniLink kit worth £490 free of charge*. You will also be entitled to receive your 4th box of 5 Enlite sensors free of charge**.
Please discuss with your Healthcare Professional first.
If you would like to take up this offer then please email:
email@example.com quoting the code AS2.
Phone: 01923 205167 Press option 3
You will need to wear a small Glucose Sensor for up to 6 days at a time. Just like an infusion set cannula, the sensor is easily inserted using an automatic device provided with the system and sits under the skin. The sensor attaches to a small lightweight MiniLink™ Transmitter that sends glucose sensor data wirelessly to the insulin pump through advanced radio frequency (RF) wireless technology.
The insulin pump displays the glucose data On Screen and plots a Trend Line of the data so that you can see exactly what your glucose levels are doing and what may be affecting them.
As well is seeing the on-screen display, you can set Alerts on the insulin pump will sound or vibrate to warn you when you are likely to reach, are reaching or have reached your glucose target limits. Having this information can help you to avoid hypo- or hyperglycaemic excursions, remain within your target glucose levels, and help to reduce your HbA1C.
The Paradigm Veo is supported by CareLink™ Personal2822 - quick and easy Software used to to download your insulin pump and BG meter online and turn the data into a few easy reports. The CareLink™ reports give you and your healthcare provider clearer insight into your personal glucose patterns. Register here 2923to set up your account.
Its easy to set up and get started - all you need is your CareLink USB (to read your pump data) and your pump.
*To be eligible for this promotional offer the order must be placed against an existing patient account and not the hospital account. This promotional offer is valid between the 16th September 2013 and 31st January 2014 but can be redeemed up until April 30th 2014. The promotional code AS2 must be quoted in writing and emailed to Medtronic’s funding management- firstname.lastname@example.org
**4th box of 5 sensors free of charge
How to access this offer:
Patient must have already redeemed promotion AS2
- 1st box of 5 sensors= Sent with initial promo offer AS2
- 2nd and 3rd box of 5 sensors= Purchased by the patient
- 4th box of 5 sensors= Free of charge. Patient needs to contact Customer Service and quote the initial promotional code AS2 and if this is not done at the time of purchase promotional offer is invalid. Order history is recorded
- 4th box of sensors must be redeemed before October 31st 2014
- This offer can only be redeemed once per patient and if the patient is not currently using CGM
For a listing of indications, contra-indications, precautions, warnings, and potential adverse events, please refer to the Instructions for Use.
- This data is intended to supplement, not replace, blood glucose information obtained using standard home blood glucose monitoring devices. Fingersticks required when adjusting insulin delivery or calibrating the glucose sensor.