Continuous Glucose Monitor
If you are using the Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) features of your pump, you can see your glucose levels 24 hours a day. The pump combines with the MiniLink™ Transmitter and Glucose Sensor to wirelessly transmit readings to your Paradigm® Veo™ and update your on-screen reading every five minutes. These regular updates can give you a clear understanding of how your glucose is behaving and reduce your dependence on fingersticks1. You only need to change your Glucose Sensor every 6 days.
- 60% of glucose lows may not be revealed with fingersticks alone
- CGM identifies four times as many serious glucose excursions as Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose (SMBG)
- CGM can significantly reduce A1c levels when compared with fingersticks alone
- CGM is proven to be accurate in numerous published studies enabling you to make therapy adjustments based on reliable data
The anecdotal and real life stories from patients using CGM is overwhelming and includes
- Parents who can relax and no longer feel that they have to check on their child through the night
- Sports enthusiasts and students who can concentrate on competing or taking their exams without worrying
- People with busy work lives who can be as busy as they like and get on day-to-day less anxiously
There are people all over the country just like you who now have the insight that they have never had before. And we are pleased to say that access to CGM is improving every day. The NICE Guidance for pump therapy has now really established itself, and alongside this guidance NICE also has publications commenting on Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Adults & Children2526. Take a look at these so you can discuss this fully with your healthcare team.
We would like anyone that could benefit from CGM to have the chance to, and for those patients that experience challenges with regards to CGM funding then it may be that self-funding is an option. Your Paradigm Veo pump is 'CGM-Ready' so you may decide to fund CGM straight away when you first receive your pump, or can start any time at a later date. We have all sorts of options available.
All you need to get started is a CGM Starter Kit (with MiniLink Transmitter, MiniLink Charger, Glucose Sensors and Senserter). The Starter Kits come with either a box of 10 or 4 sensors. Just call our Customer Services Team 26to place an order or to ask for pricing information. Here are the order codes you'll need:
PVCGMSK10 (CGM Starter Kit with box of 10 sensors)
PVCGMSK4 (CGM Starter Kit with box of 4 sensors)
The insulin pump displays the glucose data On Screen and plots a Trend Line of the data so that you can see exactly what your glucose levels are doing and what may be affecting them.
As well is seeing the on-screen display, you can set Alerts on the insulin pump will sound or vibrate to warn you when you are likely to reach, are reaching or have reached your glucose target limits. Having this information can help you to avoid hypo- or hyperglycaemic excursions, remain within your target glucose levels, and help to reduce your HbA1C.
The Paradigm Veo is supported by CareLink™ Personal2722 - quick and easy Software used to to download your insulin pump and BG meter online and turn the data into a few easy reports. The CareLink™ reports give you and your healthcare provider clearer insight into your personal glucose patterns. Register here 2823to set up your account.
Its easy to set up and get started - all you need is your CareLink USB (to read your pump data) and your pump.
- This data is intended to supplement, not replace, blood glucose information obtained using standard home blood glucose monitoring devices. Fingersticks required when adjusting insulin delivery or calibrating the glucose sensor.