This festive season – Top Tips for you
- When travelling we recommend that you ensure you have a backup plan in preparation for any potential issues. Extra insulin, MDI and other consumables related to your therapy should be accounted for and we advise you pack twice your regular quantity of medical supplies
- If you experience any issues with your pump whilst travelling within mainland Europe and need a replacement pump, our team can usually provide a replacement pump within 24 hours. If you are travelling outside Europe or further afield, Holiday Loan pumps can be requested up to 4 weeks before your departure date by logging into your MiniMed™ Care account and completing the online request form.
- It is quite common for airports to experience patients taking insulin pumps through airport security. Insulin pumps are designed to withstand electromagnetic interference when travelling through some airport systems. However, pumps are not able to travel through x-rays or in full body scanners. Therefore, it is recommended that you inform the airport prior to arriving to ensure a swift transition through security.
- During this festive season we want you to still enjoy yourself and not be restricted in your celebrations. Keep healthy - stock the cupboard up with healthy snacks such as fruit, nuts, yoghurt and popcorn.
- Keep the car stocked up with an emergency kit which could include a bottle of Lucozade, blanket, a carbohydrate-containing snack and water in case of weather emergency.
For all other enquiries please speak to your HCP
This time of the year is all about family time, so enjoy it!