The Guardian™ 2 Link transmitter uses Enlite™ glucose sensors to power the SmartGuard™ "suspend before low" feature within the MiniMed 640G insulin pump.
Medtronic have recently released our latest and most accurate CGM technology - the Guardian™ Link 3 and Guardian™ Sensor 3. Click here or speak to your diabetes healthcare professional for more information.
ENLITE™ GLUCOSE SENSOR
- Smaller and more flexible sensor: 80% reduction in size compared to the former Enlite Sensor™
- Features an innovation to the sensor adhesive patch to help reduce skin irritations
- Reliable sensor to transmitter connection, which can reduce the likelihood of data gaps. In the event of a lost connection between the sensor and the transmitter, the new Guardian™ 2 Link transmitter can store up to 10 hours of data
- Insertion is easy with a one button insertion process, a hidden needle during insertion, a 90 degree insertion angle. 85% of patients agreed that insertion with Enlite was pain free**
GUARDIAN™ 2 LINK TRANSMITTER
- Small & lightweight: 3.5 x 2.8 x 0.7cm (1.4" x 1.1" x 0.3") and less than 7g (1/4 ounce)
- Sleek thin profile that is shaped to move with you - it won't tug, pull, or pinch
- Wireless transmission means that it works under any clothing
- Waterproof - You can wear the transmitter and glucose sensor while swimming, bathing, or showering. Fully immersible, you can wear it to a depth of 2.4 metres (8 feet) for up to 30 minutes
- If the sensor connection is lost, the transmitter will store up to10 hours of data which will be displayed upon re-connection to the pump
- The Guardian™ 2 Link Transmitter is compatible with the MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump and Enlite™ sensors. For more information on our latest CGM technology, click here.
INESERTING A ENLITE™ SENSOR & ATTACHING THE GUARDIAN™ 2 LINK TRANSMITTER
Watch this video for further instruction.
– New Generation Enlite™ sensor is indicated for adults and children and only intended for use with Medtronic products: MiniMed™ 640G System, MiniMed™ Paradigm Veo™ System, MiniMed™ Paradigm REAL-Time System, Guardian™ REAL-Time CGM System, iPro™2.
– New Generation Enlite™ sensor is not intended for use with Medtronic CGMS Gold™ and iPro™.
* The dynamic suspend feature is based on certain criteria: sensor glucose must be within 70 mg/dL (3.9 mmol/L) of the low limit and predicted to be 20 mg/dL (1.1 mmol/L) above the low limit within 30 minutes AND the pump must not be in the refractory period.
** Internal data on file; Medtronic Minimed, Inc
1. Bergenstal RM, Tamborlane WV, Ahmann A, et al. Effectiveness of sensor-augmented insulin-pump therapy in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:311–320.)
2. Enhanced Enlite with MiniMed™ 640G System has a MARD of 9.1% [vs. YSI on Day 3]. Cohen O et al. Accuracy of the continuous glucose sensor used with the predictive low glucose management system. Diabetes Technol Ther 2016; 18(S1): A81-A82.
3. MDT internal data on file CER247
4. Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Continuous Glucose Monitoring Study Group. Continuous glucose monitoring and intensive treatment of type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2008;359(14):1464-1476.
5. Raccah D, Sulmont V, Resnik Y,et al. Incremental value of continuous glucose monitoring when starting pump therapy in patients with poorly controlled type 1 diabetes: the RealTrend Study. Diabetes Care. 2009;32(12):2245-2250.