The MiniMed 640G insulin pump with SmartGuard®
WORKING HARD TO KEEP GLUCOSE LEVELS UNDER CONTROL?
Since many factors can affect your glucose levels, such as diet, exercise and stress levels, you may need a system that can give you better control: an intelligent system.
The MiniMed® 640G system features innovative technology to more closely mimic the way a healthy pancreas delivers basal insulin to the body in order to help you to achieve better control.
Our MiniMed 640G System combines:
- Advanced protection
- Personalised convenience
- Improved design
Tired of experiencing unexpected lows? Worried about hypos?
To avoid low glucose levels and maintain good glucose control, it is important to know where your glucose levels are and where they are heading.
The MiniMed 640G system is designed to help protect you, so you can feel more secure.
SMARTGUARD®: One step closer to The Artificial Pancreas
- Based on your sensor glucose values, SmartGuard® can predict when you are approaching low glucose levels 30 minutes in advance and automatically stop insulin delivery**
- When your glucose levels recover, SmartGuard will automatically resume insulin delivery***.
- You have the possibility to set multiple low limits throughout the day to give you increased protection when you need it most.
Dynamically stopping insulin delivery with a suspend feature can significantly reduce the number of hypoglycaemic events.4
93% of those who used a suspend feature in their pump felt more secure managing their diabetes.5
Find out more about our exclusive SmartGuard technology for advanced protection in this video.
INTELLIGENT PUMP FEATURES
MiniMed 640G also has some built-in intelligent features for increased protection, such as:
Diabetes is already complicated. Your system shouldn’t be.
Regularly testing your glucose levels. Calculating your insulin dose. Logging your results. There is a lot to think about to maintain daily glucose control. The MiniMed 640G system could make your day easier.
Tailored to your needs
The MiniMed 640G insulin pump is designed to fit your daily life and take out some of the complexity, with:
- Personalised basal and bolus settings to fit your needs throughout the day and night
- Programmable friendly reminders so you don’t forget any important activities
- Adjustable audio options so you can change alert notifications depending on your environment e.g., when you are asleep, at the cinema or in a noisy restaurant
Need some help calculating your insulin doses?
Bolus Wizard® can calculate and recommend insulin doses****, displaying the whole calculation on one screen, so you can easily understand it and manage your insulin conveniently and more precisely.
Simplicity and discretion
MiniMed 640G comes with the exclusive CONTOUR® NEXT LINK 2.4 from Ascensia Diabetes Care, the only glucose meter that links to our system and:
CONTOUR NEXT LINK 2.4 has proven3 accuracy and is easy to use.
With our MiniMed accessories you can wear your pump the way you want. Discover the new collection here.
With the new design of your MiniMed 640G, you now can:
Enjoy water activities with our waterproof design†
Experience easy readability day & night with the full colour and light adjusting display
Benefit from the intuitive, easy navigation with less button pushing
Choose your preferred pump colour out of the 5 available options
Designed for both right and left handed users
- 1Compared to multiple daily injections, according to the STAR 3 clinical study: Bergenstal RM, Tamborlane WV, Ahmann A, et al. Effectiveness of sensor-augmented insulin-pump therapy in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:311–320.
- 2Garg S, Brazg RL, Bailey TS , et al. Reduction in duration of hypoglycemia by automatic suspension of insulin delivery: the in-clinic ASPIRE study. Diabetes Tech Ther. 2012;14(3):205-209.
- 3Section 8 clinical study. Data on File. Bayer Healthcare, LLC.
- 4Bergenstal RM, Klonoff DC, Garg SK. et al. Threshold-Based Insulin-Pump Interruption for Reduction of Hypoglycemia. N Engl J Med. 2013; 369(3):224-232.
- 5User Evaluations. Data on File, Medtronic MiniMed, Inc.,Northridge, CA
- * Must be using Guardian Link with Enlite to enable SmartGuard feature on the MiniMed 640G insulin pump. A confirmatory fingerstick is still required prior to making adjustments to diabetes therapy.
- ** The dynamic suspend feature is based on certain criteria: sensor glucose must be within 3.9 mmol/L of the low limit and predicted to be 1.1 mmol/L above the low limit within 30 minutes AND the pump must not be in the refractory period.
- ***The dynamic resume feature is based on certain preset criteria: sensor glucose must be 1.1 mmol/l above the preset low limit and predicted to be 2.2mmol/l above within 30 minutes AND insulin must have been suspended for at least 30 minutes.
- ****Calculation is based on the amount of insulin currently in the body, the amount of carbohydrates, the user’s current and target blood sugar levels, their insulin-to-carb ratio and their body’s sensitivity to insulin. Proper Bolus Wizard set-up must be completed first. Users must input the number carbohydrates they are eating and their current Blood Glucose value before the Bolus Wizard can calculate the insulin users should take.
- †Waterproof at time of manufacture up to 3.6 meters for up to 24 hours at a time. See MiniMed 640G User Guide for a complete description of the waterproof capabilities and proper use instructions.